1. “General information”
2. “Contact us”
3. “Data we collect”
4. “The lawful basis for the processing”
5. “Confidentiality of personal data”
6. “How we use your data”
7. “Who we share your data with”
8. “Disclosure of Data”
9. “How we store your data”
10. “How we protect your personal data”
11. “Your rights”
13. “Changes to this policy”
1. General information
1.1 Mount Panels (hereinafter referred to as “Mount Panels”, “us”, “we” or “our”) operates the
www.mountpanels.com website (the “Service”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your
regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you
have associated with that data.
1.2. We use your data to provide and improve the Service. By using the Service, you agree to the collection
and use of information in accordance with this policy. If we ask for your personal information for a
secondary reason, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an
opportunity to say no.
2. Contact us
2.1. Mount Panels is a data controller based in the United Kingdom. Our registered address is Town End
Works, Back Lane, Bramley, Leeds, LS13 4ES.
2.2. If you have any questions regarding your personal data please contact our Data Protection Officer
3. Data we collect
3.1. We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our
Service to you. While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable
information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable
information may include, but is not limited to:
• your first and last name,
• company name,
• address, County, Postal code, City, Country,
• e-mail address,
• phone/mobile number,
• your unique user name and password combination for your account.
3.2. Additional information is processed on an ongoing basis. We may also collect:
• a record of internet communications and details of your visits on our Website;
• technical information relating to how you use our products, such as the type of device you are using and
the browser you are using to access our Website;
• payment information and details of transactions you carry out through the site, including your payments;
• communications with us or our employees, for example, calls, emails, and messages sent through the
• information regarding your location, including IP address and traffic information;
• any additional information you submit through the website;
3.3. To protect both you and us, we use Services provided by third parties to help us decide whether to
accept transactions from you by assessing your method of payment, and the devices you use to visit our
Website. These third-party services check whether the device or method of payment has been identified
with fraudulent or abusive transactions in the past, such as reported instances of identity theft, promotion
abuse or credit card fraud.
4. The lawful basis for the processing
Processing of personal data is legal if:
• the data has been processed in compliance with the requirements of the law and the data subject has
given consent to this, with the exception of cases directly provided for by applicable laws, or
• the data being processed is obtained from publicly available personal data sources.
5. Confidentiality of personal data
5.1. Information relating to personal data that has become known to us is considered confidential
information and is protected by law.
5.2. Our employees and other persons who have access to the processed personal data have signed a non-
disclosure agreement, as well as are warned of possible disciplinary, administrative, civil and criminal
liability in the event of a violation of the norms and requirements of the applicable laws relating to personal
6. How we use your personal data
We process your personal data for the purposes:
• to provide and maintain our Service;
• to notify you about changes to our Service;
• to comply with our legal obligations;
• to process your online financial transactions;
• to provide customer support;
• to gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
• to monitor the usage of our Service;
• to detect, prevent and address technical issues;
• to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events
which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have
opted not to receive such information.
7. Who we share your personal data with
7.1. Certain trusted third-party companies provide services essential to our ability to offer our services to
you, for example those that supply the software for our Website, banking and payment services, identity
verification, fraud prevention and risk management. We may be required to share some of your information
with these companies. In these instances, we ensure that the third party has appropriate security and
privacy arrangements in place, so that your data is protected.
7.2. We may also be required to disclose your information to government authorities, such as the police, to
as stated in the General Terms and Conditions.
7.3. In the event of the sale of our business, or other business event, which results in us having to transfer
your personal data to a third party, you will be notified via email, or notice posted on our website, to
explain the identity of the new data controller and your options regarding your personal data.
7.4. Our site may contain links to and from the Websites of third-party organizations. Please note that these
Websites may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility whatsoever for
these policies. Please check these policies carefully before you submit any personal data.
8. Disclosure of data
Mount Panels may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
• to comply with a legal obligation;
• to protect and defend the rights or property of Mount Panels;
• to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
• to protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public;
• to protect against legal liability.
9. How we store your personal data
9.1. Our company is incorporated in the United Kingdom and your data is stored within its territory on a
secure third-party server system.
9.2. In some cases, where we work with third parties, the data we collect from you may be transferred to,
and stored at, a destination outside of the territory of the United Kingdom. It may also be processed by staff
operating outside the United Kingdom who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be
engaged in, among other things, customer services, the processing of your payment details, etc.
9.3. We store your data for as long as we consider you an active customer. Otherwise, we will retain and use
your personal data on our systems to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve
disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
10. How we protect your personal data
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to
make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. We store all of
the personal information we receive directly from you in an encrypted and password-protected database
residing within a secure third-party server system.
11. Your rights
11.1. You are a data subject, your personal data belongs to you, so you have rights over your personal data.
Some of these rights only apply in certain circumstances. These are your rights:
• withdrawing your previously granted consent; however, this will not invalidate any previously consented
• lodging a complaint with any relevant Data Protection Authority;
• access to your Personal Data that we hold or process;
• correction of any Personal Data that is incorrect or out of date;
• erasure of any Personal Data that we process;
• restrict processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances;
• asking us to provide you or another company you nominate with certain aspects of your Personal Data,
often referred to as ‘the right to portability’;
• the ability to object to any processing data where we are doing it for our legitimate interests;
• the ability to contest a decision made entirely by automated processing, to express your point of view and
request that a human review the decision.
11.2. Please note that these rights are not absolute and requests are subject to any applicable legal
12.1. Cookies are text files containing a small amount of information that is downloaded to your device
when you visit a website. They are generally used by most websites to improve your online experience and
to ensure that content and functions are delivered and used more effectively.
12.2. Cookies perform various different functions. For example, some cookies are session cookies, which are
downloaded to your device temporarily for the period that you browse a particular website; these cookies
might allow you to navigate between pages more efficiently or enable websites to remember the
preferences you select. Other cookies are persistent cookies, which can be used to help websites remember
you as a returning visitor or ensure any online adverts you receive are more relevant to your specific needs
enable you to save time and facilitate future access to the site; identify how people navigate through our
website to improve our Service, content and the effectiveness of our communications; collect and share
device data to detect and prevent devices associated with fraud; detect and prevent fraudulent transactions
and any type of abuse.
12.4. You agree that Mount Panels may, from time to time, place cookies on your device to save
information (such as user name, other personal details, e-mail address, technical device information such as
the model and its IP address) to make full use of the functionality and Services on our website and to allow
your browser to identify you as a user. This enables you to not have to re-enter this information each time
you visit Mount Panels’ website. These cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your
computer, and are uniquely assigned to you. These cookies can only be read by the web server(s) that
placed the cookies on your device.
12.5. At any time, you can amend your browser settings to block some or all cookies from Mount Panels.
However, if you block cookies from Mount Panels some or all the website's functions may not perform as
12.6. Further information about cookies can be found at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
13. Changes to this policy
the Services after the Last Revised date will constitute acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, those